Download printable version
Midday Assistants- Join our dedicated team.
Great Waltham Church of England primary School is a good school that aims to provide the very best education for the children in our care. We are looking for a Midday Assistant to play an important part in lunchtimes.
Part Time - 7.92 hours per week (11:45 - 13:20 daily)
Term time only (38 weeks)
New pay scales from 1st April 2019
£3072- £3196 per annum (depending on experience)
We are looking for a friendly, adaptable Midday Assistant to:
- Set up the hall in preparation of Lunches for example putting up tables.
- Help the younger children with their food when required
- Wipe tables, clear spillages and help tidy the hall ready for the afternoons activities
- Supervise children in the lunch hall/Playground
- Encourage imaginative play, both outside and indoors
- Ensure the good behaviour of pupils
- Administer first aid
You must be able to work effectively aspart of a team,enjoy working with children and demonstrate good communication and organisation skills along with patience and understanding. Some cleaning and administration duties will also be required.
Training, including basic first aid, will be provided.
We can offer you:
- a CPD entitlement with purposeful training
- the opportunity to work with our lovely children
- supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils
- well behaved and hardworking pupils who deserve the best
- a constantly improving learning environment
- a responsive and involved leadership team
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please telephone the school office to arrange an appointment.
Great Waltham C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of this commitment any appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, medical clearance and suitable references.
Information about the School
Great Waltham Church of England VC Primary School is situated in the pretty village of Great Waltham catering for pupils from 4 - 11. The school was built in 1865 and has wonderful character and beautiful grounds.
We pride ourselves in creating a caring environment based on Christian values which allows children to reach their full academic, social, moral and physical potential. The ethos of the school is to ASPIRE which is an acronym for Aspiration, strength, perseverance, integrity, responsibility and empathy, all staff and children hold these values dearly.