Download printable version
Job Description: KS2 Class Teacher and English Subject Leader
Start Date: 20th April 2020
Are you an outstanding Practitioner with an interest in leading English across KS2?
The children at Woodville are enthusiastic, keen to learn and a pleasure to teach. We also have a very supportive school community which includes parents and an active Governing Body
We have high expectations of all our pupils, and ensure children of all abilities make good or better progress. We pride ourselves on providing a broad, balanced and rich curriculum designed to engage children's interest, whilst achieving well academically. Children are encouraged to develop positive personal attributes such as confidence, independence, reliability and responsibility.
We are proud of our school environment. The school building and grounds are attractive and well cared for providing a focal point for visitors to the school. We also offer Forest Schools sessions for our pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience as an effective and outstanding classroom practitioner, who has the knowledge and experience of teaching KS2 SAT's.
· Be creative and have the ability to inspire children to achieve their best.
· Be highly driven, flexible and motivated with an eye for detail.
· Excellent communication skills and a positive team player with a good sense of humour and the ability to use your own initiative
In return we can offer:
· Friendly and supportive school community with committed, happy and hardworking colleagues.
· Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
. A learning culture and a purposeful setting with children that have positive attitudes to learning.
. A wide range of resources to support delivery of the best learning experiences.
Woodville Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all pre-employment checks.
Visits to the school are encouraged, if you would like to visit our school please phone the school office to arrange an appointment.