Download printable version
Pay Range L16 to L20, £60,664 to £66,701 p.a.
Position Start Date Easter or September 2020
Contract Type Full time
Contract Term Permanent
Application Close Noon 3rd February 2020
Interviews Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th February 2020
We are seeking applications from outstanding school leaders for this rewarding role.
The successful applicant will be someone who:
· Has the determination, enthusiasm and ability to lead, nurture and inspire the development of high quality teaching and learning and to motivate pupils and staff in the primary phase, to lead the school day-to day and to contribute to its strategic development.
· Has commitment, reliability and integrity and is able to develop evener strong partnership-working with the school's community.
· Has the highest expectations for the learning, achievement and behaviour of all children.
· Demonstrates skills in strategic thinking, leading to effective planning and progress towards a clear, shared cross-phase vision.
· Is creative and shows imagination in response to changing circumstances and new ideas.
· Has the desire and ability to become a great Head Teacher.
Why Stifford Clays Primary School?
We are a community focused school for 2 to 11 year olds, located centrally in the Stifford Clays ward of Thurrock. We serve a diverse community and welcome all children who live in the local area. The original infant and junior schools were built in 1954 and were one form of entry. The school has grown hugely to accommodate 90 children in each year group.
Stifford Clays Primary School is an extremely happy and positive school. We are an Ofsted 'good' school (2016 full inspection; 2019 Section 8 inspection) where "Staff and pupils work as a team with a 'can-do' attitude." and "In lessons, most pupils try hard and enjoy learning. They are keen to do well." (Ofsted 2019).
We are a Multi-Academy Trust who wishes to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. We will offer the successful candidate:
· The support of an experienced CEO and Primary Executive Head Teacher
· A highly professional, dedicated staff and supportive Trust Board
· Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
· Comprehensive training and development opportunities supported by Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
· A health and well-being package
· A competitive salary
· A two week October half term
· The opportunity of becoming part of a growing organisation
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. We can accommodate a visit any time. If you would like an informal conversation regarding this role, please contact our Primary Executive Head Teacher Ms Christina Pumfrey. To arrange either, please call the school on 01375 373866 and ask for Amy Springham, PA to the Executive Head Teacher.
Please return your completed application form to:
HR Department, c/o William Edwards School, Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex RM16 3NJ
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.