Download printable version
Harwich & Dovercourt High School
KS4/5 Subject Development Leader in Design Technology, with responsibility for KS5 across the Art & Innovation Faculty
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale £24,373 - £40,490 Point M1 - UPR 3 with TLR2a (£6,829)
Start Date: April 2020 or September 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to raise standards of student attainment and achievement in KS4/5 within the whole curriculum area and monitor and support student progress.
This is a new post. Design Technology is part of a recently formed Art & Innovation Faculty, which offers the following:
- Vibrant and modern department with supportive colleagues
- Diverse curriculum offered across a range of subjects
- Technology is a popular subject with many students choosing a KS4 subject or sometimes two subjects to study
- Now developing KS5 provision with partnerships being formed with local engineering firms
- Knowledge and skilled teaching and support staff
- A dedicated Technology block with dedicated technology facilities
- The block features a wide range of high quality machinery and equipment ranging from metal lathes and a milling machine to a laser cutter and 3D printers
- Excellent IT resources with two dedicated computer rooms and a dedicated suite of chrome books for students to use in their studies
- Excellent space for material and resource preparation
- Supportive technicians
- Supportive management team with other TLR holders
- Support from within The Sigma Trust
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Plan, develop and evaluate KS4 Technology improvement plan in line with whole school priorities and SIP
· Ensure courses are appropriate and effectively planned and delivered at KS5
· To ensure all the KS5 courses have appropriate students and that guidance is in place for Year 11 to achieve this.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Harwich & Dovercourt High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle To Work Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 28th January 2020
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 29th January 2020
Interviewing will take place w/c 3rd February 2020
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Harwich and Dovercourt High School is a vibrant, caring school serving the community. Every student is welcomed, challenged and supported to achieve their full potential and every student has opportunities and experiences to ensure their schooling is fulfilling and enjoyable.
At Harwich and Dovercourt High School we believe in partnerships between students, staff and the home. We believe in responsibility, ambition and commitment, where no challenge is too great and where great futures are nurtured.
Our goal is for every student to be proud of their efforts and achievement and for every parent and carer to be proud of their child, school and community. Our pledge is to work tirelessly in the pursuit of excellence.