Download printable version
HEAD OF PERFORMING ARTS
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale with TLR2C
Salary from £24,373 - £40,490 (Point M1 - U3) with TLR2C (£2,796)
Start Date: 1st September 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to raise standards of student attainment and achievement within Performing Arts and to monitor and support student progress within the faculty.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Leading the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies in the faculty.
· Supervising and monitoring teachers responsible for the day-to-day management, control and operation of course provision within the subject area, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources.
· Liaising with the Leadership Team to ensure delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost-effective curriculum programme which complements the School Improvement Plan/School Evaluation
· To be accountable for the development and delivery of the subject in the faculty.
· Planning and delivering high quality, well-structured Music lessons at KS3 and KS4.
· Delivering engaging Performing Arts lessons across a range of specialisms.
· The ability to lead Music and Drama at KS3 and KS4.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Relevant degree
· Substantial, recent and successful experience of teaching in Key Stage 3 and 4
· The ability to lead, develop, share and realise strategic plans for the faculty
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle To Work Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 281. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 24th January 2020
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 24th January 2020
Interviewing will take place on Friday 31st January 2020
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.