Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
Pay: LGS Band 2 to Midpoint (£18,065-£18,795 pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant support children with Special Educational Needs.
Hours/Weeks: 32.5, Mon - Fri 8.30am-3.30pm hours term time only. Part-time will be considered.
The start for this post is as soon as possible.
The role will involve:
· Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
· Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
· Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
· Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
· Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
We're looking for you if you have:
· A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 21st January 2020
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School