Download printable version
Payscale: Leadership L18-L22
Reporting to: Headteacher
Required for September 2020
Have YOU got what it takes?..... to inspire, to lead, to innovate
Can YOU make the difference?...........to our students, our families and community
In preparation for the retirement this summer of our existing Deputy Headteacher, Treetops School has a career defining opportunity for an exceptional person, who is passionate about leading on supporting our students with a wide range of special educational needs. As Deputy Headteacher at Treetops School, part of the Treetops Learning Community, you will have the chance to lead and shape our school and deliver the kind of education you always wanted to. Working with the Headteacher, you will set the vision for the future of the school, ensuring we have the right people and plans in place to see that our young people- whatever their needs- leave the school feeling proud of what they have achieved and what they are capable of.
That is why we are looking for someone who is pretty unique. Ultimately, you are an outstanding teacher who has a genuine passion and working knowledge of SEN. But, as importantly, you are someone who is resilient, innovative and has the type of enthusiasm that is infectious, so that you bring about change in a positive way. You are also sensitive, respectfully challenging, patient and kind: just the type of leader our young people, staff and community can relate to.
If you are ambitious about making the ordinary, or even the extraordinary possible for children and young people with MLD, autism and communication difficulties and share our forward thinking, open minded values then we would love to hear from you.
Treetops School is an Ofsted "outstanding" Academyspecial school and sixth form for students aged 5 - 19. We have been providing specialist education for students since 1960 to enable them to learn, thrive and achieve. We are person-centred, we thrive through challenge, we are caring and we are creative.
What we offer:
· We are committed to CPD, we are the lead school in the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
· An extensive Employee Assistance Programme
· A Competitive salary
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and innovative Deputy Head who has:
• High expectations of our students' learning and a commitment to providing education that promotes excellent progress and improves life chances, by taking the 'dis' out of disability
• Experience of successfully leading and managing a transdisciplinary team to ensure young people are prepared for adulthood
• Experience of being an effective senior leader in an educational setting
• Extensive teaching experience with young people with a wide range of special education needs
• Experience of leading curriculum development involving multiple stakeholders
• A sound understanding of, and commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
• Experience of leading, managing and supporting the development of colleagues through coaching or mentoring.
Interested in finding out more? Come and visit Treetops School, contact Sandra Slade to arrange a visit on 01375 372723 (Option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th February at Midday
Interview Day: Will be either Wednesday 12th or Thursday 13th February
Interview day consists of,
Meeting with the student council, In-tray task & presentation, teach a Secondary Lesson and a formal interview
Treetops Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Information about the School
Treetops School is a special academy catering for pupils with a wide range of needs including moderate learning difficulties, speech and communication difficulties, autism and general developmental delay. We have been judged outstanding by Ofsted in our last three inspections, the most recent being November 2014.
The school is also the lead for the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance (TTSA).