Download printable version
PHILIP MORANT SCHOOL AND COLLEGE are seeking a PART TIME CAREERS ADVISER
Pay Range: Local Government Band 4 to midpoint (point 19-24)
Actual Salary from £18,507 (for 32.5hrs per week, 39 weeks per year)
Start Date: Immediate
We are seeking an outstanding and inspirational Careers Adviser to provide impartial information, advice and guidance to help people make realistic choices about education, training and work.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Managing the provision of careers and labour market information
· Managing the careers section of the school's website
· Liaising with tutorial managers, mentors and SENCO to identify students needing guidance
· Planning a systematic and structured careers offer to ensure that no child is left behind
· Providing impartial information, advice and guidance to individuals and to groups of students in relation to all aspects of their progression planning
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· An understanding of, and support for, the ethos of the school
· AlreadyLevel 6 Qualification in CEIAG, registered with CDI OR prepared to gain this qualification in your own time but with possible financial support from school
· An understanding of Further Education systems and careers education and guidance practices
· A keen interest in the concerns of students and an understanding of the factors that impact on young people and their decision making abilities
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School and College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
This post is 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days)
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 259. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, 26th January 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.