Download printable version
Widford Lodge is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Office Administrator to start as soon as possible.
At Widford Lodge we have around 200 pupils and have been instilling a love of learning in pupils between the ages of 2 ½ and 11 for over 80 years. Today, we are proud to be an outstanding and high performing school.
The School administrator will support the efficient and effective running of all school administration tasks.
Monday & Tuesday (fixed) 09:30-14:30 (flexible)
£9.50 per hour
The post-holder will support all aspects of school administration.
Administrative and Clerical
- To provide administrative support for the Headteacher and Proprietor.
- To support the administrative requirements of teaching staff when necessary.
- To deal with the school mail including electronic mailboxes.
- To produce reports as required for the Headteacher and Proprietor
- To order consumable supplies and maintain effective stock control.
- To report faults and malfunctions of office equipment
- To support the preparation of Induction packs for new starters.
- To maintain up to date staff lists.
- To provide support for the administration of school clubs.
- To support the process for communicating with parents including by email.
School Finances (Computerised and Manual)
- To support the process for arranging the administration of communication with parents and the collection of payments for school trips etc.
- To become familiar with all systems within the relevant school database; to process data and extract information including class, house and other pupil lists.
- To update and maintain all records within the school database system and provide reports;
- To support the process for the intake of new pupils, including the management of prospective pupils, waiting lists and parent visits.
- To update and maintain computerised pupil records, including attendance, contact details and medical information.
- To maintain the admissions register and processes for admission to and leavers from the school.
- To provide child protection and pupil records when requested.
- To undertake effective maintenance of all pupil records including archiving when necessary.
- To ensure that the school complies with the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
Telephone and Reception:
- To provide first point of contact service for visitors, staff and pupils.
- To perform telephone and reception duties
- To arrange for the collection of sick or injured pupils
- To administer first aid and medicine for pupils according to the relevant school policy.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive records.
Support for the school
- To contribute to the maintenance of pupils' safety and security;
- To review and develop their own professional practice;
- To recognise confidentiality, child protection procedures, Health & Safety, and adhere to the policies of the School;
- To keep accident, incident records;
- To attend staff meetings;
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the school proprietor, Headteacher and line manager
We are a supportive and caring team, working in a collaborative environment. We can offer you a good rate of pay,on-site parking and high quality free lunches.
How to apply
For further details of the position, information about the School and application and recruitment procedures, please visit our website www.widfordlodge.co.uk
Any application must include a completed application form. Applications can be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is midday Wednesday 22nd January 2020.
Interviews will be held on Monday 27th or Tuesday 28th January 2020.
It is the School's policy to employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of their race, colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, religion or religious belief, disability or age. All new posts within the School are subject to a probationary period.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Information about the School
Widford Lodge is a unique and special learning environment. We have been instilling a love of learning in pupils between the ages of 2 ½ and 11 for over 80 years.
Widford Lodge aims to educate its pupils through a broad and balanced curriculum so that they can meet the challenges of the wider world.
Children of all abilities are educated in a purposeful, safe and secure environment where emphasis is placed on the traditional values of honesty, courtesy and respect of self and others. Since September 2018 we have been a Forest school.