Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Pay Range: Local Government Band 4 Point 6-7 Actual Salary £16,288
Start Date: March 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to play a vital role in the effectiveness and success of the House & School including the College.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To provide effective support in building and maintaining an effective pastoral team whilst continually enhancing the quality of pastoral care within their House & School.
· To inspire the team by personal hard work and example
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Successful experience of working with children in an education, health or social care environment
· Good working knowledge of policies relating to behaviour, inclusion & SEN
· Ability to use clear language to communicate information unambiguously
· Understand and support the importance of physical and emotional wellbeing
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle To Work Scheme
OPTIONAL (ONLY APPLICABLE TO SUPPORT STAFF)
This post is 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days)
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 19th January 2020
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.