Download printable version
Hours will be Monday to Friday 9am - 3pm
We are looking for an experienced early years teaching assistant to join our enthusiastic and dedicated team.
Successful candidates will:
· Support a wide range of pupils in lessons;
· Work with individual and small groups of children;
· Implement intervention programmes;
· Work as part of a team;
· Be able to carry out and record observations using Tapestry;
· Input in to the assessment process;
· To plan and set up activities that support learning in the EYFS;
· To communicate effectively with colleagues, parents/carers and other professionals;
It is essential that you:
· Have a genuine passion for working with children;
· Level 3 qualification in Childcare;
· Have English and maths GCSE grades A to C or equivalent;
· Have experience of supporting special educational needs;
· Pediatric first aid training;
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of our children and this post is subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Visits are warmly welcomed.
Information about the School
Lexden Primary School is a caring and stimulating environment where creative learning inspires all children to achieve academic success and individual fulfilment.
We have seven main classrooms, a Nursery and an enhanced provision for the teaching of Hearing Impaired Children
The enhanced provision has 18 places and caters for statemented/Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) severe/profoundly deaf children from across the whole of North East Essex
The Nursery has places for 26 part-time pupils and they are involved in the social life of the school, helping them experience a very successful transition to our reception class in the mainstream school.
The school is situated in the south of the town, easily accessible from the A12.