Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, effective and inspirational SENCO and Inclusion Leader to join our leadership team. This person will be an experienced teacher, who is passionate about children supporting them to achieve their full potential and who will lead the SEN, EAL and Pupil Premium provision in our school. They will lead and manage SEND and inclusion in the school including: supporting planning and implementation of interventions and appropriate SEND support across the school as well as working closely with families; analysing data to ensure progress and impact of support and liaising with outside agencies. Part of the day to day role of the SENCO includes line managing the Teaching Assistants within the school, assisting with the planning of their timetables and performance management.
You will be joining a committed and hardworking team who strive to provide the best education and outcomes for all children.
The position carries no class teaching responsibility and start date will be April 2020 or earlier if possible. A TLR2 point will be available for a suitable candidate.
We are looking for someone who will:
· Embrace and continue to develop our school aims and values
· Share with us the belief that all children can achieve more.
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills to work in partnership with our parents, school staff and outside agencies.
· Show a broad understanding of inclusive practice and barriers to learning.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of the statutory requirements relevant to SEN.
· Promote Quality First Teaching through a good understanding of classroom practice, recommending and supporting staff to implement effective strategies.
· Work at a strategic level to support school improvement.
Previous SENCO experience is preferable.
Visits to the school will be welcomed. Please contact the office to arrange a visit.
Information about the School
Stanway Fiveways Primary School is situated on the outskirts of Colchester and is a school which is striving to become one of the leading schools in Essex.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS and qualifications check.
Visits to the school are very welcome and more information is available from the School Business Manager, Claire Sainsbury.