Download printable version
Residential Support Worker
40 hours per week, school term time only - working pattern will consist of nights and split shifts (early/late) Monday to Friday
Actual salary £19,293to £21,301 (FTE £21,589 to £23,836)
We are seeking to appoint exceptional people to join our brand-new residential team at Glenwood School. This is a rare opportunity to work within an outstanding school as we prepare to open the new provision which will provide residential, educational placements for up to 20 young people living with a range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
The primary purpose of a residential placement at Glenwood School is to provide an early intervention that brings about change in the young person's life at home by helping them learn new ways of sharing; spaces, attention, resources and control alongside the acquisition of new skills, all of which can be generalised in different settings. Throughout the residential experience we will provide a, safe, secure and happy environment which demonstrates respect, care and worth to everyone involved.
Every member of our team will:
· share our values and work in 'The Glenwood Way'
· imagine life from each individual young person's point of view
· be passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
· work as a team player who is flexible, motivated and able to form positive relationships
· Be committed to continuously learn and develop within their role
· strive to consistently make a positive difference in the lives of the young people we are so privileged to support
· be able to work flexibly, including nights and split shifts across a 24 hour rota pattern, term time only
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please take note of the full job description and person specification. Please ensure the application form is fully completed before submitting.
If you would prefer an informal chat before you apply, our Residential Management Team Chris Joseph and Caroline Bailey can be contacted on 01268 792575.
Please note shortlisting may take place prior to the closing date.