Download printable version
Do you want the rare opportunity to be part of our growing Newhall family?
Are you someone who is committed to delivering excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness? If so, we would love to hear from you!
At Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery we are looking for a Cleaner to work across both buildings and support our Site Manager. We are looking for a cleaner who is up for a challenge and wants to get stuck in with all aspects of our academy life!
3.30-6.30pm Monday to Friday(15 hours per week) 52 weeks per year with holiday entitlement.
Cleaning within the Academy and Nursery in accordance with procedures using a variety of methods including machinery/chemicals and adhering to safety regulations.
Academy and Nursery Staff, Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team, Children, Parents/Carers
Newhall is a brand-new, state of the art academy on the Newhall development in Harlow, with the capacity for 420 children. The Primary Academy currently has 105 children on roll. It will grow year-on-year until it reaches full capacity. The Nursery has capacity for 56 children and is open all year round from 7.30am until 6pm. It offers both funded and private day care places.
The Academy and Nursery opened in September 2018 with 15 permanent staff and we are now seeking additional staff to join us and be part of the unique opportunity to build and grow the setting from its infancy. There is no doubt about it, setting up the Academy and Nursery from scratch takes vision, dedication and hard-work, but being part of that exciting and rare journey is exciting and it will be very rewarding to see the Academy and Nursery take shape over the next few years. To see more information about Newhall, please visit our website.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a hardworking, skilled, dependable and self-motivated individual. We require someone who will contribute to the smooth running of the academy by supporting the Site Manager with the cleaning of the academy and nursery site. The successful candidate will have cleaning skills together with a knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, and procedures. They will also be flexible in their approach, energetic and be keen to work as part of our school community.
What we're looking for:
We welcome applications from candidates with experience from educational or other relevant cleaning backgrounds.
The successful candidate will have:
· The ability to exchange routine verbal information clearly
· The ability to follow instructions
· The ability to follow Health & Safety procedures and understand COSHH guidelines
· An organised and methodical approach
· The ability to manage own time effectively
· An understanding of procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality
In return we can offer:
· A firm commitment to you and your professional development.
· Friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors.
· A growing learning community.
· Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference.
· Coaching and mentoring from the academy's Senior Leadership Team.
· Fantastic trust-wide CPD opportunities
· Opportunities for career progression
How to apply
We hope you will take the time to find out more about our academy and nursery and experience our warm welcome. For further information about the role, or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact the Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery Office at email@example.com or telephone 01279 215480.
Completed applications should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 20th January 2020 at midday.
Newhall Primary Academy and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In applying for this post you are required to submit:
· A completed REAch2 Academy Trust Application form which contains the Person Specification form.