Download printable version
Caretaker / Cleaner in Charge 2020 Scale 3 - Actual salary £10,289 per annum.
We are looking to appoint a Caretaker / Cleaner in Charge to join our School who will take a pride in looking after our school ensuring that we provide a safe, clean and pleasant environment in which our children can learn.
The position is for 20 hours per week, working Monday to Friday for 52.14 weeks per year.
Actual daily working hours are 07.30 am to 09.30 am and 3 pm to 5 pm.
Holidays to be taken during school closure periods.
· Be friendly, hardworking, reliable, self-motivated and set themselves high expectations to ensure the operation of the schools building, grounds and equipment is run to the highest standards.
· Be committed to the school and its ethos
· Have a flexible approach to their work and ability to work independently
· Have strong DIY and handyman skills
Duties will include:
· General repairs and maintenance, locking and unlocking premises, general security, porterage, DIY, record keeping, etc.
· This role includes working in the school holidays when hours can be consolidated by arrangement.
· Ideally you should have an awareness of COSHH, safe manual handling practices and Health and Safety.
Prior experience within a similar setting is desirable, although not essential.
Visits are welcomed to the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please contact Joanne Chipperfield, Business Manager on
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org