Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a Caretaker to join our School Community from February 2020 who will take a pride in looking after our school ensuring that we provide a safe, clean and pleasant environment in which our children can learn.
The position is for 15 hours per week, working Monday to Friday for 52.14 weeks per year. Actual daily working hours are negotiable to suit the needs of the school and successful candidate.
Holidays to be taken during school closure periods.
· Be friendly, hardworking, reliable, self-motivated and set themselves high expectations to ensure the operation of the schools building, grounds and equipment is run to the highest standards.
· Be committed to the school and its ethos
· Have a flexible approach to their work and ability to work independently
· Have strong DIY and handyman skills
Duties will include:
· General repairs and maintenance, locking and unlocking premises, general security, porterage, DIY, record keeping, etc.
· This role includes working in the school holidays when hours can be consolidated by arrangement.
· Monitor work of cleaners
· Ideally you should have an awareness of COSHH, safe manual handling practices and Health and Safety.
Prior experience within a similar setting is desirable, although not essential.
Visits are welcome and recommended. Please contact Malcolm Over on 07865 043437 to make an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please contact Sally Morris, PA to Headteacher. Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
Closing date midnight on the 19th January 2020
Shortlisting: 20th January 2020
Interviews: 27th January 2020