Download printable version
Job Title: Site Manager - Parkwood Academy
Grade: Band 3 - Point 6-17full band width (£19,171.00 - £23,836 dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd January 2020 midday
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 27th January 2020
Parkwood Academy are seeking to appoint a reliable and enthusiastic Site Manager to join our friendly and supportive team.
We are looking for a Site Manager who will take pride in the management, maintenance and cleanliness of our school premises. We work collaboratively as a team and therefore the successful candidate will be approachable, adaptable and have a 'can do' attitude to meet the needs of this fast paced, school working environment.
Working 37 hours per week; Monday to Thursday from 07:00 a.m. - 15:45 p.m. and Friday 07:00 a.m. - 14:00 p.m. with an hour lunch every day. Holidays must be taken outside of term time.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- A sound understanding of Safeguarding.
- A strong commitment to providing a high quality service.
- Experience of building maintenance.
- The ability to solicit quotations to achieve best value for site works.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Hardworking, punctual and committed to keeping the school site safe, secure and clean.
- An excellent timekeeper, reliable and trustworthy.
- Willing to work as part of a hardworking, dedicated team.
- Have knowledge and or experience of Health & Safety.
- Site security and key holder, including occasional late evening and weekend functions and lettings.
- Confident to use the necessary skills of good DIY to contribute to the upkeep of the school site e.g. shelves/painting/buffing floor etc.
- A positive role model for both staff and pupils.
- Happy to work with contractors, staff, parents and children in a positive and professional manner.
- Prepared to undertake relevant training.
- A quick worker, able to manage their time effectively and stick to agreed deadlines.
What we can offer you:
- A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
- The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
- A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
- Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
- Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, located in the Vacancies tab. https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/
Parkwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.