Download printable version
Teacher of ICT at Grove House School - to teach up to GCSE Standard
(with additional teaching responsibilities depending on candidate's areas of strength)
Part of the SEAX Multi-Academy Trust
Prior experience of working with children who have special educational needs (desirable but not essential as full training is available)
Applications welcome from both primary, secondary, special school and mainstream colleagues.
Main Pay Range /Upper Pay Range + 1 SEN Point in Accordance with School Teachers' Pay & Conditions Document.
Required: Summer term or sooner if available
Grove House is a special school for pupils aged 8-19 with speech, language and communication needs. We wish to appoint an energetic, outstanding, qualified teacher, who is committed to the vision and ethos of our growing academy.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the ICT curriculum at our innovative new school in its next phase of growth.
The role includes:
· Responsibility for a form group (Secondary)
· Engagement with parents and carers including Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) meetings
· Teaching and co-ordinating ICT across KS3-4, with experience/ability to teach to GCSE/other accreditations
· Some additional teaching depending on areas of strength
· A busy and innovative learning environment
· A highly supportive and friendly team of staff
· Opportunities for professional development - academy and trust wide
· Parents, Governors and staff who work hard together in the interests of all pupil
· New and recently refurbished buildings
We expect everyone to lead by example and demonstrate:
· Energy and enthusiasm
· Enjoyment and fun
· Hard work
· Involvement in the life of the School
Come and visit us to find out more about this exciting opportunity
email email@example.com or telephone the School on 01277 361498.
For an application form, please visit the Grove House website at www.grovehouseschool.co.uk
Information about the School
Grove House School is a specialist special school which opened in September 2015 for pupils aged 8 to 19. At capacity it will admit 105 pupils with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (or an Education, Health and Care Plan) whose primary issue is a speech, language and communication need (SLCN).