Download printable version
The Philip Morant School and College
Site Services Assistant
Pay Range: Local Government Band 2 Full Time Salary from £18,065 - £19,171
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking an outstanding individual to contribute to the smooth running of the school by carrying out a range of caretaking & grounds duties including security and supervision of the site and related equipment, and other caretaking duties including porterage and cleaning.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To act as a key holder, carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds. The routine and non-routine opening of premises and grounds. Responding to calls outside normal working hours as a result of break-ins etc, and/or the setting off of the alarms.
· To provide access, where possible to the premises and classrooms in the event of snow and minor flooding or similar emergency situations
· To deal with enquiries from contractors and suppliers and if appropriate, advising the Facilities Manager of their prescence.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Experience of working within a busy school environment
· Awareness of Health & Safety regulations
· Ability to problem solve and respond to complex enquiries
· Experience of security duties
Why work for The Philip Morant School and college
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
This post is 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 5th January 2020
Shortlisting To be confirmed
Interviewing To be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.