Download printable version
Vice Principal (Teaching and Learning and Curriculum)
Leadership scale 19-23
Permanent Start Date: September 2020
Inspire their remarkable with us
- know your Mary Myatt from your Martin Robinson? Your Daisy Christodoulou from your Oliver Caviglioli or your Dylan Wiliam from your Daniel Willingham?
- have the intellectual curiosity to think deeply about how to design, implement and evaluate the academy's curriculum?
- keep up to date with evidence based education and use this knowledge to implement and continually develop teaching and learning across the academy?
- have an excellent track-record of inspiring students and colleagues to reach beyond their potential and have the drive and vision to lead a team to positive outcomes?
- have high aspirations for colleagues and yourself and have a vision for excellence?
- wish to contribute to the next phase of Greensward Academy's journey towards outstanding?
If you are excited by your answers to these questions, then you would be a perfect applicant for the post of Vice Principal at Greensward Academy. This is an exciting time for the school as it moves forward developing a strategic vision that, at its heart, enhances the holistic outcomes for each child and family whilst maintaining a strong focus on academic success.
As an inspirational leader, you will play an integral part in developing and shaping the new strategic vision in order to raise standards even further. Colleagues will be required to lead from the front and be dynamic, effective and inspirational at all levels.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- A commitment to provide personal development, including access to high quality training to ensure readiness for the next stage in your career
- A positive culture where everyone is valued and respected A supportive leadership team who work together to improve practice and outcomes for our students
We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discover more about this exciting opportunity. To arrange a visit please contact Shirley Wheeler, EA to the Principal on 01702 202571.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More opportunities, so you can forge your own path - As a large and expanding multi academy trust, there are ample opportunities for development and new experiences.
- More hands on support, so you can get on with what matters most - Expert operations support removes headaches, allowing you to focus on the children.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Start date- September 2020
Closing date- Friday 17 January 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Information about the School
Greensward Academy is an 11-19 comprehensive academy based in Hockley in Essex. It is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential. The academy is graded Good by Ofsted and its results are strong, particularly in the Sixth Form which is in the top 3% nationally and top in Essex according to DfE Post 16 Performance Tables.