Download printable version
EYFS Learning Support Assistant
Position Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: Level 4 Point 6-7 (£9.94 - £10.14 per hour)
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 22nd July 2020 - Part time
Hours: 11.25 hours per week, term time only (every day 1.00pm-3.15pm)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, driven EYFS practitioner to become part of our Foundation Stage Team, ensuring outstanding learning experiences for all our children.
· have experience of working within an Early Years setting
· have experience of working with children with speech, language and communication difficulties
· have effective communication and organisational skills
· be able to observe, question, assess and record each child's progress, with the support of the class teacher
· be able to work effectively with parents to provide the very best support for all of our children, raising expectations and achievement
· Help pupils to develop an awareness of personal hygiene, assisting them to keep clean, attending to changed or soiled or damaged clothing
· Support the development of literacy and numeracy skills of pupils from a wide variety of backgrounds
We will provide:
· a happy environment in which to work
· a supportive, forward thinking Leadership Team who are committed to school improvement
· excellent professional development opportunities
· highly motivated and happy children
· a dedicated, enthusiastic and creative staff and team
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in our care and expect all staff to share in this commitment. We follow safer recruitment procedures. The successful candidate will be offered a position subject to an enhanced DBS check and appropriate references. Interview date to be arranged.
Closing date: Monday 13th January 2020
Shortlisting: Wednesday 15th January 2020
Information about the School
Edwards Hall is a friendly and welcoming school at the heart of the Eastwood community. We are well resourced and fortunate enough to be set in wonderful grounds.
We believe that our school should be a safe, caring place, where all children reach their full potential as learners. Our pupils are encouraged to do their very best and we are proud of the children's achievements both in and beyond the classroom. Our talented team of staff work hard to provide an exciting curriculum for our pupils - continuously improving the opportunities and environment which support their learning and personal development.
We enjoy working closely with parents, organising many events throughout the school year, to ensure they are aware of what - and how - their children are learning at school and are fully involved in their children's education.