Download printable version
The Nurture LSAs contribution to the school can be measured by their ability to be good colleagues, their common sense, practical abilities and their understanding and respect for children.
Supporting the pupil:-
1. To develop an understanding of the specific needs of the children concerned within one or more key stages.
2. To aid the children to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own by, for example:-
- clarifying and explaining instructions.
- ensuring the children are able to use equipment and materials provided.
- motivating and encouraging children as required.
- assisting in a range of areas e.g. behaviour, focus, concentration, self-esteem
- helping children to concentrate on and finish work set.
- liaison with class teacher, devising complementary learning activities.
3. To establish a supportive relationship with the children concerned, in a range of formal & informal situations
4. To plan and deliver structured nurture sessions for children, both on a 1:1 and small group basis.
5. To develop methods of promoting and reinforcing children's self-esteem.
6. To record observations of children's behaviour and progress as directed by the teacher.
7. To appreciate the children's achievements and their difficulties.
8. To work with individual children on a daily basis.
9. To provide regular feedback about the children to the teacher and Inclusion Team
(and parents / carers if directed by SLT)
10. To follow the School's policies and procedures with regard to Child Protection, Safe Guarding
as well as Health and Safety.
Information about the School
Thorpedene is a very successful amalgamated Primary School with an attached Pre-School and Nurture Base. It is a large school educating and caring for approx. 600 children and 130+ staff.