Download printable version
We are looking to employ a qualified Learning Support Assistant, to work specifically with a KS1 child. This will be a 1 to 1 post.
Hours: 29.5hrs per week, 8:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. Mon - Thur & 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Friday
Weeks per year:39
You will need to be:
· Educated to GCSE A-C or above in English and Maths and a relevant Learning support assistant training qualification.
· Positive, smart appearance, excellent communication skills and motivated to encourage pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
· Have experience of working with a pupil 1 to 1.
You will be expected to:
· take some responsibility for the progress of identified pupils
· help create a positive learning environment
· motivate pupils
· undertake specialist SEND training as required
· keep up to date with changes and developments in Education relevant to the role of LSA
· carry out lunch time duties
· work with class teachers to ensure progress
· have experience of working with pupils who have ASD
Visits to the school are encouraged prior to an application being made, as this can provide potential candidates with a clearer understanding of what the job entails.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children. We expect our staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory health, DBS check and references.
Please contact the school office for an application pack or to arrange a visit.
Information about the School
Our Christian school has a strong ethos to ensure pupils achieve. The school has a supportive staff team who are committed to improving learning outcomes for pupils.