Download printable version
Fixed Term Contract
4.5 days per week, 24 hours and 15 minutes per week (8.45am - 3.15pm Mon to Fri / 8.45-12.15 Wednesdays), term time only plus INSET days.
Salary Range - Band 2, point 3 - 6 - £18,065 - £19,171
Actual salary - £10,060 - £10,675
The HERA Primary Academy Trust is seeking to appoint an experienced, flexible, outstanding Learning Support Assistant to support a pupil in Year 4 who has social and emotional difficulties. Initially, the role will be split across Lawford Mead Primary & Nursery School and the local GROW provision, where the pupil has just started. Over time, hours at GROW will increase to full time, with the intention of the LSA eventually supporting the pupil in reintegrating into Lawford Mead.
As an LSA based within GROW the role will be to:
· Support a carefully planned and structured learning experience which will promote more positive behaviour.
· Help the children to be more confident and independent learners.
· Promote the child's personal and social growth.
· Support successful integration with host school and reintegration with home school.
· To liaise with parents and other school professionals.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to:
· Understand and use a range of strategies in working effectively with children with a variety of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
· Develop, nurture and model positive adult and peer relationships in line with the school's and GROW's values and expectations.
· Build on the strengths and resources of the child.
· Work with the child following the principle that 'the problem is the problem', not the child
· Be able to work in partnership with the GROW manager, school staff, parents and other education professionals.
· Be able to work flexibly and creatively.
· Contribute to assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluations.
If you feel you have the qualities, motivation and passion to join our friendly and dynamic team please apply on line at www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and highly encouraged. For further information and to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Amanda Burrells on 01245 354134.
HERA Primary Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered. CV's will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Lawford Mead Primary School is a founding member of HERA Primary Academy Trust a company registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 10571943