Download printable version
Room Leader for Hilltots at Hilltop Infant School
36 hours per week, term time plus 5 non-pupil days
Actual salary £15,735 (FTE £18,426 + £609 fringe)
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key person at our recently opened pre-school. Hilltots is an integral part of Hilltop Infant School, an outstanding school in Wickford. The Hilltop Schools are part of the HEARTS Academy Trust which is based in Wickford. The HEARTS Academy Trust is inspired by its values of happiness, self-esteem, achievement, respect and responsibility, truth, spirituality and service.
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic, committed Room Leader, to lead a friendly and professional team. The applicant must be able to lead through a collaborative approach and have a very good understanding of the EYFS.
Leadership experience is required and essential qualifications are at least NVQ Level 3 in Early Yearts Childcare & Education or equivalent. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and hard-working.
Our fully qualified staff maintains a high progression standard at all times and demonstrates a caring attitude, allowing children and their families to feel at home. Hilltots Pre-School is set within the grounds of Hilltop Infant and Junior Schools and has its own secure, designated building with child friendly indoor and outdoor play spaces. The children here learn through play and exploration; we believe a fun and exciting environment is key to their success. We follow a child led approach and give the children the opportunity to play and explore in a safe and caring environment with the support of our experienced practitioners. We support and prepare our children through important transitions such as starting school.
We can offer you:
- Well-behaved children who are proud of their school and achievements
- Collaborative planning and assessment
- Lead Teacher support
- A welcoming and warm envionmrnet where everyone is valued and respected
- Strong and experienced leadership team, dedicated to the professional development of staff
- A range of CPD opportunities
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead and manage the provision of Early Years education
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure the welfare requirement of the EYFS framework is met
- Participate in planning, assessment, recording and reporting, in line with requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment for the children
- Set expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge every child
- Assist in providing effective liaison with parents on a day to day basis regarding the welfare, learning and development of the children
- Work alongside outside agencies
The new setting opened in January 2019 and already children have enjoyed being part of the Hilltop community.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact our Resources Manager Vikki Adkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01268 762531.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience. Please email your completed application form to email@example.com, or submit your application online via www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk. Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Hilltop Infant School is an outstanding school that has children at the heart. We are well served by transport links and are close to major road networks.
The HEARTS Academy Trust is truly innovative and rewards outstanding staff for outstanding outcomes. The school calendar consists of 184 contact days, 5 non-pupil days and high quality additional continuous professional development for the equivalent of 6 days.
Trustees are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check, prohibition from teaching check and references prior to interview.
For further information about the HEARTS Academy Trust please visit our website at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk