Download printable version
2020 Scale 3 (2019 Band 2)
School Business Manager
Teaching staff, support staff, pupils & parents
To provide an effective and efficient clerical and finance support to the school.
· To assist with the collection of dinner monies and completing of all catering returns for school meals and free school meals.
· To assist with financial administration such as placing orders, preparing cheques, collecting, recording and issuing receipts for other monies as required, including school uniform, trips etc.
· Be responsible for checking full receipt of orders, annotating the records appropriately. Checking statements, as and when received, to ensure timely payment of invoices.
· To prepare monies and make appropriate arrangements for banking
· Be responsible for the administration of lettings, liaising with the Caretaker and hirer as necessary, including the issuing of invoices and collection of monies due to the school.
· Maintain manual and computerised financial records.
· To carry out all financial administration in accordance with appropriate LEA and school financial regulations and policies.
· Support the SBM in maintaining an up to date filing system for archive financial records.
· Be responsible for maintaining the School Inventory
· To support the office team as a point of contact for both telephone and face to face enquiries and take messages where appropriate.
· To ensure school security arrangements are always complied with, including the issue of visitors badges and signing of the visitors book if office staff are absent.
· To accept and sign for deliveries as appropriate.
Clerical / Administrative
· To be responsible for the sending of outgoing post, including the purchase of stamps.
· To provide general clerical support and typing / word processing as required.
· To assist with the monitoring and maintenance of stock and the order supplies as necessary.
· To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment
· The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade
Information about the School
Brightside is a Group 3 school. Current NOR is 454. There is potential for the school to expand to a group 4 school in the coming years.