Download printable version
Brightlingsea Primary School and Nursery aims to be an inclusive school that enables every child to reach their full potential and overcome barriers to learning. We believe that everyone involved has a role to play in achieving this aim.
Due to promotion of the current post-holder, we are seeking to appoint an experienced, effective and forward thinking SENDCo and Inclusion Leader to join our extended leadership team. This person will be an experienced teacher who will lead the SEN, EAL and Gifted and Talented provision in our school. The position carries no class teaching responsibility. A TLR2 point (current value £4110) will be available for a suitable candidate.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Embrace and continue to develop our school aims and values in partnership with others.
- Share with us the belief that all children can achieve more.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to work in partnership with our parents, school staff and outside agencies.
- Show a broad understanding of inclusive practice and barriers to learning.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the statutory requirements relevant to SEN.
- Promote Quality First Teaching through a good understanding of classroom practice, recommending and supporting staff to implement effective strategies.
- Work at a strategic level to support school improvement.
Visits to the school will be welcomed. Please contact the office to arrange a visit.
Information about the School
In September 2018, Brightlingsea Infant School & Nursery and Brightlingsea Junior School became Brightlingsea Primary School and Nursery. We are a large Primary School, taking children from 2 to 11 years, with a three form entry and approximately 750 children on roll. This is an exciting time for our school and we are looking to further improve outcomes for our children and families. As a large school we are able to offer some exciting opportunities for staff: we recognise the importance of professional development and believe in investing in staff to help us to achieve our vision.
We are an inclusive school and strive to deliver a fully accessible social and academic curriculum. Our aim is for all pupils to achieve their full potential. We provide a welcoming, caring and supportive environment, which allows children to develop socially, emotionally and academically. All our staff play an important part in children's development. Parents are actively encouraged to take a vested interest in the school, so that together, school, parents and children can work together in partnership.