Download printable version
We are looking for an inspiring and hard working teacher who will be able to motivate and foster the learning and success of our students.
We are located in the town centre of Colchester close to the beautiful North Essex coast line and rural Suffolk yet only 50 minutes from London by train.
We can offer you:
· Proven standards of academic success
· Teacher Traineeship programme
· Strong Induction and mentoring scheme
· Continuing Professional Development and guidance
· Outstanding and well-resourced facilities
· Town centre location
· On Site Car Parking
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Have a relevant honours degree
· Hold, or be able to study for, a PGCE or teaching qualification
· Demonstrate your ability and desire to teach at A level
· Be able to work alongside and enhance the teaching of an experienced department
· Show willingness to contribute to Additional Studies or Extra Curricular activities
The Sixth Form College, Colchester is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this post please complete a College application form available from the job vacancies section of our website www.colchsfc.ac.uk
Information about the School
The Sixth Form College, Colchester is one of the largest and most successful 16-19 providers of general sixth form education in the country Our aim is to provide broad, high quality academic and general education programme Currently we have 3150 full time students on roll and the importance of the development of each individual student is recognised. Operating as a young adult environment the College provides a bridge between the worlds of school and of higher education or employment.
As a large and innovative college a great deal of emphasis is placed on career development and training for all staff with opportunities to gain further qualifications and enhanced skills. Support, guidance, and development are offered to meet particular career needs. We value diversity and we are an equal opportunities employer.