Download printable version
We are looking for an experienced, patient, caring and hardworking person to join our Learning Support Assistant team to support a child with an autistic spectrum disorder (ASD).
We need someone who:
· will communicate effectively with pupils, parents and staff
· has experience working with Early Years and KS1 pupils
· will work autonomously and as part of a team
· has a strong and caring personality and who is calm, patient and firm
· will support a child with educational as well as social and emotional complexities
· has experience of supporting children with autism and supporting their teaching and learning
· will deliver interventions as required under direction of the Inclusion Manager
· will take advice and guidance from colleagues, specialist teachers and other professionals.
· will supervise lunchtime activities to ensure an inclusive environment is maintained.
An understanding of supporting a child with ASD is desirable, as is experience in a similar school-based role. The position's start date is flexible and the role will start as soon as possible. Visits to the school are encouraged; to arrange this or to obtain further details please contact Dawn Randall on 01206 794634.
Information about the School
Kendall Church of England is a welcoming, happy, caring church school, where creativity is encouraged and everyone has confidence in their own abilities.
We promote good social skills and participation in the Christian ethos of our school. We value others whatever their background or beliefs and respect our environment.
We always aim high and do our best, cherish our friendships and respect everyone's right to learn. We ensure that the key skills, vital for a successful future are taught to all of our children.