Download printable version
Job Title : Senior Midday Supervisor
Grade :2019 Band 2
Reports to :The Deputy Headteacher / Headteacher
Responsible for:Midday Assistants
Liaison with :Midday Assistants, Pupils, Headteacher, Catering and Caretaking Staff, Office Staff
To lead a team of midday assistants (MDAs), ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break, in accordance with school policy, and under the direction of the Headteacher.
· To organise and supervise a team of midday assistants to ensure the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break.
· To ensure there is adequate supervision of pupils in all areas of the school building and grounds where pupils are permitted access during the midday break.
· To communicate instructions from the Deputy Head Teacher / Headteacher to the MDAs.
· To alert the Headteacher (or nominated member of staff) to any concerns regarding an individual child or group of children.
· To take a lead in organising activities for the children as appropriate.
· To enforce the necessary sanctions for maintaining good order.
· To take a lead in dealing with minor accidents and to report any serious incident to the Headteacher at the earliest opportunity.
· To administer basic first aid as necessary.
· To ensure that all necessary records relating to accidents, first aid administered, behaviour, and sanctions employed, are completed by all midday staff.
· To be responsible for the safe return of all pupils to the care of the teachers at the end of the midday break.
· To supervise the clearance of the dining area, ensuring furniture and floors are clear of spillages etc.
· To report staff absences to the Headteacher and re-organise rotas as necessary.
· To attend relevant training and meetings as requested.
· To ensure that confidential information relating to pupils and the school is respected by the midday team.
· To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
· To understand and ensure the application of school policies in relation to health, safety, welfare and behaviour of pupils.
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.