Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who will share our determination to secure the best outcomes for pupils at our fully inclusive school. We are looking for a highly effective practitioner to join our leadership team from April 2020 (though alternative start dates may be considered for the right candidate).
This is an exciting opportunity to take a pivotal, class based leadership role in a mainstream school which has an enhanced provision for up to 21 pupils with severe learning difficulties/lifelong learning needs.
"The school's vision, 'Inspire, discover, encourage one another', demonstrates a strong commitment to equality and inclusion as key values at the heart of the learning process."
"Pupils behave well and enjoy learning in lessons. They have a good understanding of how to keep themselves safe."
"Parents are very positive about their children's experience at the school. One parent described this by saying, 'The environment is inclusive, nurturing, welcoming and respectful'."
Ofsted, April 2018
Interested candidates will have:
- excellent classroom practice with high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- the ability to coach, celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
- previous leadership experience which has impacted on an aspect of whole-school improvement
- expertise in monitoring teaching and learning with a thorough knowledge of all key stages
- high expectations of themselves, colleagues and pupils and the energy and determination to make a difference
- a good understanding of relevant and current educational policy and practice
- the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with all stakeholders
- the expertise to maintain a highly effective culture of safeguarding across school
We can offer:
- wonderful children who are well behaved and are proud of their school
- a caring and supportive school community that is fully appreciative of the diverse nature of the school
- a dedicated staff committed to achieving high standards
- a supportive, warm and welcoming ethos
- happy, enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn
- a strong commitment to your continuing professional development
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged.
To request an application pack, to arrange a visit, or to discuss the school and the opportunities in more detail please contact Mrs Loretta Headley on 01279 813626 or email email@example.com
Information about the School
Inspire, Discover, Encourage one another
Bentfield is a friendly, welcoming, fully inclusive mainstream school with a highly regarded enhanced provision. In our last inspection (May 2018), we were judged to be Good in every category.
Our school, set in beautiful mature wooded grounds, is a caring, sharing community that caters for children of all abilities.
•Everyone’s contribution is valued
•If it works do more of it, if it doesn’t, change it
•Consistency benefits the whole school community
•Co-Operation and communication effect positive change
•Optimism and positive thinking lead to success
•Consultation is essential for positive change
NOR 240 (excluding nursery)