Download printable version
Monday to Friday
7:30am - 9:15am and 2:45pm - 6:00pm (25 hours per week)
52.14 weeks per year
Actual Pay Range - £13, 475 - £14, 300 per annum (depending on experience)
Purleigh Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable Site Manager. We are looking for someone with a flexible approach who takes pride in their work and will maintain the site in pristine condition. The successful candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and able to respond to deadlines. Please note this is a split shift and there may be the occasional need for some additional, evening or occasional weekend work which will be paid on an overtime basis.
Duties and skills required
· Liaising and supervising external contractors
· Some cleaning duties, floor maintenance and supporting and line managing our cleaning staff
· Skilled in DIY to be able to make repairs, carry out general maintenance i.e. painting, mending, moving furniture, repairs and general maintenance, water and fire alarm testing
· Experience of running and maintaining a swimming pool would be desirable
· Supporting staff and PTA, occasional overtime at school events
· Understanding and the implementation of Health & Safety and security procedures as required by legislation
· A good standard of written English/ICT skills will be required as accurate record keeping forms part of this role
· Reporting to the Local Governing Board on premises matters
· Locking and unlocking of the premises, being a primary key holder, attending call-outs
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please call the school office to arrange.
The Eveleigh LINK Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory medical clearance, references and enhanced DBS checks.
Information about the School
The Governing Body of Purleigh Community Primary School passed a resolution to convert to academy status and create a multi academy trust. In June 2013 the academy trust became an approved DfE academy sponsor and The Eveleigh LINK Academy Trust was born (TELAT).
In September 2013 Purleigh Community Primary School's Headteacher became Executive Headteacher of Purleigh and Meadgate Primary Schools. Both schools joined the trust on 1st April 2014 with Purleigh becoming an academy converter and Meadgate as a sponsored academy.
In March 2015 TELAT entered into a funding agreement with the DfE to sponsor the newly formed Maltese Road Primary School in Chelmsford who opened in September 2015. In October 2015 Maylandsea Primary School joined TELAT as an academy converter. In September 2016 Larkrise Primary School joined the trust, and finally Tiptree Heath Primary School joined in November 2019.