Download printable version
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Playworker to join our hugely popular breakfast, afterschool and holiday club.
The successful applicant will:
· Have experience of working with children aged 3 to 11 years
· Be able to deliver high quality childcare
· Provide positive play opportunities
· Plan and deliver activities
· Help with the preparation and serving of light meals and snacks
· Be enthusiastic, friendly and show initiative
· Be able to promote social skills in children
· Have the ability to work as part of a team
· Be committed to the success of the school
· NVQ level 3 in Play work or equivalent, or be willing to work towards such a qualification
· A sound knowledge of child protection issues
· Holder of a first aid certificate
· BSL level 1 - 2
· A friendly, welcoming school community with well-behaved and enthusiastic children
· Excellent support and training opportunities
· 25 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays
· Permanent contract, 52 weeks
Warren is located within a community of private housing, with excellent rail and road links to London and the M25. Warren Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure procedures.
Information about the School
Warren primary school is a very popular and oversubscribed school. It opened in 1997 and has grown from a pupil population of 31 to 458, plus 52 Nursery children (part time). We also have specialist provision for severely and profoundly deaf children.
Warren was built to serve Chafford Hundred, a community of private housing and is now one of four primary schools. Chafford Hundred is convenient to reach by road, and has good public transport links to London and the coast.
The school is within walking distance of Lakeside Regional shopping centre and Chafford Hundred railway station.
The school is set in pleasant grounds, which has a large playing field, adventure playground, small wood and garden areas.
The school provides a safe and happy environment in which the children thrive and enjoy learning in a stimulating setting. The children are welcoming, polite, well-motivated and generally high achievers and we expect over 50% to achieve above expected progress each year and hope that this figure will continue to rise. They are confident and very proud to wear their uniform and represent their school.