Download printable version
Job Advert- Philip Morant School and College - Head of Geography
Pay Range: Teachers Main/ Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2a £6,829
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Head of Geography. The position will suit an experienced geography teacher with some experience of Subject Leadership. Do you believe that there are no limits to student achievement? If so, why not consider joining our school and make a real difference to our students.
The start for this post is April 2020
We're looking for you if you have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach "outstanding" lessons in Geography
• Ability to implement schemes of work and ensure they are implemented to a high standard
• A proven track record in monitoring and improving student attainment
• A passion for teaching, developing and training staff within the curriculum area and making a real difference to young people
• Commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are a dynamic teacher with experience and passionate about the subject of geography, who would like to work in a supportive and collaborative environment and you feel that you have the enthusiasm and commitment required to join our school, please apply.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline).
What we can Offer:
· A competitive Salary
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay and Employee Assistance Programme
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
Staff have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the Sigma Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships. Excellent support is provided by the Sigma Trust through the Science Strategic Lead.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website
Please note that CVs cannot be accepted, you need to complete the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 3rd December 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.