Download printable version
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Pay Range Local Government Band 2, Point 3 - 5)
Actual Salary £8,089 p.a.
Start Date: Immediate
We are seeking an outstanding individual to work as a Learning Support Assistant (LSA), in partnership with all school staff and other professionals to support student learning.
Experience working with the Visually Impaired would be an advantage
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Support students with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills
· Understand specific learning needs and styles and provide differentiated support to students individually and within a group
· Establish positive relationships with students supported
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
· Knowledge of Braille or working with the Visually Impaired
· Successful recent experience working with secondary age children
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, and Cycle To Work Scheme
This post is 19.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 252. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 8th December 2019.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.