Download printable version
TEACHER OF DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: September 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join Paxman Academy in Colchester. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. In its first year of opening, the Academy was a popular choice and was over-subscribed.
We are looking for a dedicated, caring and hardworking teacher with ambition to support all students to reach their academic and personal potential. We are a STEM school and seek to promote the skills of reasoning, communication and problem solving across the curriculum. Students are offered a variety of enrichment activities including STEM Club and Young Engineers. As a Technology Faculty, we have generous curriculum time and state of the art facilities.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Plan and deliver high quality, well-structured Design and Technology lessons to pupils at KS3 and KS4 level
· Deliver engaging Design and Technology lessons across a wide range of specialisms
· Maintain an understanding of curriculum developments in the subject
· Contribute to the STEM ethos of the school through extra-curricular opportunities and partnership with local organisations
· Contribute to the pastoral work of the school through the role of form tutor
We're looking for you if you:
· Have experience of planning, delivering and evaluating successful lessons
· Have experience of, and commitment to, the education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in addition to academic development
· Have high expectations of students and colleagues
Why work for Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme and Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 27th November 2019
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.