Download printable version
£9.18 per hour / £7,914 per year
20 hours per week - 10am to 2pm
We are seeking a committed, motivated and positive individual to support our Catering Manager in preparing & serving school meals.
Glenwood School is an outstanding school for pupils aged 3-19 years, all have a wide range of complex needs.
The successful candidate will:
· Have an interest in cooking & food preparation
· Enjoy interacting with young people during service, ensuring their meal requirements are met
· Have the ability to multi task
· Have the ability to work under pressure to ensure that meals are served on time & that the kitchen is left clean & tidy each day
· Have the ability to, and understand the importance of, maintaining the cleanliness & hygiene of the kitchen
· Have the ability & willingness to undertake level 2 food hygiene training and level 2 Health & Safety Training
What we can offer you:
· The opportunity to work as part of a supportive team
· The opportunity to work in a large modern kitchen
· The opportunity to support our fantastic learners and benefit from interacting with them
· Employee benefits including Local Government Pension Scheme & access to an Employee Assistance Programme
· Term time working (please note we have traditional Essex school holidays - dates are available on our website)
Please take note of the attached job description prior to applying. Please ensure the applicstion form is completed fully.