Download printable version
The vacancy is for 15 hours per week; 3 hours per day, term time only, on a permanent basis.
Working hours are 8:30am - 11:30am
We are seeking a friendly, positive, efficient, and well-organised School Administrative Assistant to assist with the admin in our busy school office. The role involves a variety of reception and administration duties. The successful candidate must have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as good numeracy skills and be able to use a range of IT software.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player and be able to work calmly and accurately under pressure. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with parents, children and colleagues in a positive and helpful way. You will need to manage sensitive situations with empathy, tact and diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
In this role, you would be:
* Helping as point of contact, meeting and greeting pupils, parents and other visitors, and dealing with enquiries in person, by phone or email;
* Helping with the organisational and administrative aspects of school life;
* Helping with first aid, medication and medical plans for pupils.
* Helping with school uniform orders etc.
* Helping to manage attendance.
* Helping with the collection and banking of payments paid by cash or cheque.
* Helping to organise trips.
* Helping with administration of pupils arriving and leaving the school.
The successful candidate will have:
* Ideally previous experience of working in a school office but training can be given.
* A friendly and helpful manner, promoting a positive image of the school at all times.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* The ability to deal with pupils, parents and staff with warmth and professionalism.
* Have excellent ICT skills
* Experienced in the use of SIMS or other information systems, but training can be given.
* Good organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
* GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
* Enthusiasm for working in a school environment and getting involved in the wider aspects of school life.
We can offer you:
· A friendly and positive working environment;
· Appropriate training, if needed;
· A strong and supportive team of staff and governors;
· Continuing professional development;
We would love to meet you, so please come along and visit our school to meet our team and appreciate all we have to offer. Please ring 01206 272266 to arrange a visit, which is welcomed and encouraged.
Information about the School
With 105 pupils on roll, we are a small school with big ambitions for our children. Every child is known by every member of staff, and behaviour is good to outstanding. We have an involved and supportive governing body and parents.
The village of Langham is in the beautiful Dedham Vale area, just to the North East of Colchester and we are within easy reach of the A12. The school is part of a thriving cluster of small schools, with which we work closely to promote wider opportunities for our pupils and provide development for our staff.
We have four classes: Class 1(Reception); Class 2 (Years 1 & 2); Class 3 (Years 3 & 4); Class 4 (Years 5 & 6)
Our parents are extremely supportive and interested in the school. Parents are encouraged to play a full part in their children's education and are kept informed through newsletters about the curriculum and the life of the school. We have an active and hardworking PTA known as the “Friends of Langham School” that organises fundraising and social events. The school enjoys a good relationship with the village Pre-school and has links with the local church and other village organisations. More information about our school can be obtained by visiting our website www.langham.essex.sch.uk