Download printable version
Teacher of English
We are seeking to appoint a qualified Teacher of English and would welcome applications from experienced or newly qualified teachers.
Hours/Weeks: Full-time or part-time requests will be considered
Pay: Main/Upper Pay Range
The start for this post is September 2020
The role will involve:
● Carrying out the functions of a teacher in accordance with the Teacher Standards and the stated aims and objectives of The Stanway School and the Department.
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● A degree in the specialist subject
● The ability to teach "outstanding" lessons
● Experience of supporting staff and students in maintaining high standards
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
● An exciting opportunity to teach in a successful, oversubscribed school;
● A competitive salary;
● Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
● A full Continuous Professional Development Programme;
● Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 4 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form Qouting Ref 221.
Closing Date: 19th November 2019
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School