Download printable version
Job Title: Office Administrator
Grade: Band 2 - Point 3 (full range point 3 - 6) (£15,729.79 dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hours - working 40 weeks per year
Start Date: January 2020
Closing Date: Thursday 5th December 2019 midday
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 9th December 2019
We have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Office Administrator to join our busy office team based at Parkwood Academy on a permanent basis.
We are looking to appoint a self-motivated individual, who enjoys using their own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
Previous experience of working within a school office environment would be an advantage. The environment is diverse and fast-changing so the ability to be organised and prioritise is essential. The successful candidate will be required to hold a paediatric first aid qualification; training can be provided.
Working 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year; Monday to Thursday from 08:00 a.m. to 16:15 p.m. and Friday 08:00 a.m. to 14:30 p.m. with a 30 minute lunch break every day.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
- Experience of administrative work in a busy office environment
- Educated to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- First Aid Qualification
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate with parents, children and colleagues in a positive and helpful way
- Have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants should be computer literate (Microsoft Office) and must demonstrate excellent ICT skills.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm, professional and positive under pressure.
- Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
- Experience is desirable.
What we can offer you:
- A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
- The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
- A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
- Additional holiday in October giving a two week break, enabled by an early close on every Friday which is utilised for CPD.
- Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Please contact Trust HR on 01702 559467 ext. 215 or email email@example.com to request the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/ located in the Vacancies tab.
South Essex Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references.