Download printable version
PHILIP MORANT SCHOOL AND COLLEGE
SUBJECT LEADER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE INCLUDING ONLINE SAFETY
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
£23,720-£39.406 (Point M1 - U3) with TLR1C of £9,663
Start Date: Easter 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to be a Subject Leader of Computer Science with whole-school responsibility for Online Safety.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To be a role model for all staff in your curriculum area and have high expectations of your students and staff
· To ensure all schemes of work are planned and implemented and that they meet the needs of all students
· To support students and teachers with being safe online
· To ensure a range of methods and pedagogic styles are applied in classroom teaching
· To be fully aware of the number of statutory obligations around online safety, considering the relevant guidance, such as KCSIE, the new Ofsted framework
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Up to date knowledge in your subject area
· Qualified teacher status and relevant degree
· Experience of supporting students and teachers with being safe online
· The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate the team and individuals to achieve high goals
· Proven track record of improving student progress
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School and College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com reference number 218. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 17th November 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.