Download printable version
Canvey Island Infant School is currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed SEND Support Assistant to support a Reception child, identified with learning needs and developmental delay, and in receipt of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
The post is expected to be for 20 hours per week.
Good qualifications and previous experience of working with young children are essential; however, additional training would be offered, as required, for the right person.
The successful candidate will have:
· A happy, outgoing personality and a genuine rapport with young children;
· A good working knowledge of EYFS and KS1 practice;
· A Level 3 qualification in Learning Support (preferable), but other qualifications will be considered;
· Good literacy, numeracy and communication skills;
· Sensitivity to the needs of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities;
· The ability to work effectively as a team member;
· A commitment to helping to raise standards in all areas of the curriculum;