Download printable version
The children, staff and Governors of South Green Infant and Nursery are looking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher to build upon the strong record of progress the school has achieved and who is willing to grasp an exciting opportunity to lead a successful school.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with the vision and commitment to lead our dedicated team.
Our school and nursery is set within the South Green area of Billericay and has 178 children on the school roll and an excellent nursery with 37 children on the roll. We are a school in the heart of the community rated Good at our last Ofsted inspection.
Under the strong leadership of the Senior Leadership Team and a committed team of staff and governors, our school has established a culture which ensures our pupils learn, grow and achieve their potential in a safe, welcoming and happy community.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is passionate about learning and has a clear vision for Foundation and Key stage 1 education
- Is an excellent practitioner and successful senior leader
- Is committed to providing a rich and creative curriculum that inspires children to learn
- Will embrace our values and vision
- Will insist on the highest quality and standards of teaching and learning in an environment where our pupils experience many engaging activities that stimulate learning and deepen their understanding of the world around them
- Can enthuse staff and engage parents and develop the good reputation of the school in the community.
We are proud to offer:
- A welcoming and inclusive school as described by Ofsted at our last inspection where "pupils value their learning and achievements"
- A real sense of community with a culture of respect and shared values
- A team of committed, hardworking professionals and support staff providing an inclusive learning environment for all our pupils
- A highly professional and energetic team with a proven track record of providing excellent support to all pupils including SEN and Pupil Premium groups
- An effective, supportive and committed governing body
- Positive relationships with parents and the wider community
- Strong professional links with other schools and the Local Authority
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
South Green Infant and Nursery is committed to:
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people.
Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued.
The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.