Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and inspirational Head of Learning Support who will share our determination to secure the best outcomes for pupils at our fully inclusive school. We are looking for a highly effective practitioner to join our leadership team from January 2020 (though a later start date may be considered for the right candidate). This is an exciting opportunity to take a pivotal, non-teaching leadership role in a mainstream school which has an enhanced provision for up to 21 pupils with severe learning difficulties.
"Pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities benefit from strong, inclusive provision across the school. Teaching is matched to individual learning needs and is supported through a wide range of specialist therapies and interventions, as well as through opportunities to use the school's 'soft play' area and 'light and sound' zone. Learning support assistants are highly skilled and make a positive contribution in lessons. As a result, pupils, particularly those who have SEN and/or disabilities, are well supported and make strong progress."
"The school's vision, 'Inspire, discover, encourage one another', demonstrates a strong commitment to equality and inclusion as key values at the heart of the learning process."Ofsted, April 2018
Interested candidates will have:
- previous leadership experience which has impacted on an aspect of whole-school improvement;
- the ability to lead and drive effective SEND provision and to maintain and promote our inclusive school ethos;
- high expectations of themselves, colleagues and pupils and the energy and determination to make a difference;
- a good understanding of relevant and current educational policy and practice;
- exceptional expertise in all matters relating to SEND - including being a strong practitioner themselves and fully capable of impacting widely on the practice of others;
- the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with all stakeholders;
- the expertise to maintain a highly effective culture of safeguarding across school.
We can offer:
- wonderful children who are well behaved and are proud of their school;
- a caring and supportive school community that is fully appreciative of the diverse nature of the school;
- a dedicated staff committed to achieving high standards;
- a supportive, warm and welcoming ethos;
- happy, enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn;
- a strong commitment to your continuing professional development.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged. To request an application pack, to arrange a visit, or to discuss the school and therole in more detail please contact us.
Information about the School
Inspire, Discover, Encourage one another
Bentfield is a friendly, welcoming, fully inclusive mainstream school with a highly regarded enhanced provision. In our last inspection (May 2018), we were judged to be Good in every category.
Our school, set in beautiful mature wooded grounds, is a caring, sharing community that caters for children of all abilities.
•Everyone’s contribution is valued
•If it works do more of it, if it doesn’t, change it
•Consistency benefits the whole school community
•Co-Operation and communication effect positive change
•Optimism and positive thinking lead to success
•Consultation is essential for positive change
NOR 240 (excluding nursery)