Download printable version
35hrs per week Split shifts Monday - Friday
6:30am - 9:30am & 14:00pm - 18:00.
52 weeks per year with 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
All Annual leave must be taken during school holidays
Actual Salary £17779
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring person to work as our Caretaker/Cleaner. This is a highly valued and responsible position and it is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate the following qualities:
· A firm commitment to our school and its appearance and presentation
· Skilled in DIY to be able to make repairs, carry out general maintenance and decorating
· Energetic, pro-active and able to use your initiative
· Understanding and the implementation of Health and Safety and security procedures as required by legislation
· Able to supervise cleaning staff and liaise with contractors to include obtaining quotes for works etc.
· A good standard of written English/ICT skills will be required as accurate record keeping forms part of this role
Duties will also include locking and unlocking of the premises, being a primary key holder, attending call-outs, maintaining stocks of cleaning materials. Relevant training will be available.
Visits to our school are welcome. Please note that our preference is for an immediate start but we appreciate this is dependent on circumstances.
Please use the CES application form linked to this vacancy
St. George's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearances, and references
Information about the School
St. George's is a living community that strives to provide an outstanding education for all our children through the combined efforts of teachers, parents, support staff, governors and parishioners.
Our Vision is the starting point for all that we do:
At St George’s, God calls us by name to love,
learn and achieve together, safe in the palm of His hands.
‘I have called you by your name; you are mine’ Isaiah 43
We aim to be a Christian community and witnesses to Christ,
where all can experience and grow in Christian love,
through God's word and the gifts of His sacraments,
and through prayer and personal example.