Download printable version
Teaching Assistant - Fixed Term
Required November 2019
8.30 am to 12.30 initially. This post is term time only.
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a specific pupil. The role involves supporting a pupil with their learning, development and social emotional needs, in line with school policies and procedures.
We are looking for a person who:
· remains calm under pressure, is resilient and caring
· is able to provide an inclusive environment
· is enthusiastic about working with children
· is able to think on their feet and try new things
· is an effective communicator with pupils and staff
· is able to build and maintain effective relationships
· demonstrates excellent positive behaviour management techniques
· possesses good Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Experience in supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs is desirable.
You will work closely with the class teacher and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator as needed. Whilst you will be expected to work under the direction of the class teacher, you will also have the ability to use your own initiative to organise tasks and activities. You will be required to use your observations and understandings of the pupil, to provide a change of task when necessary in order to support learning. You will be expected to provide feedback to the class teacher on the pupil's progress.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Details and application form can be sent by email upon request from Mrs Hewer
All Saints' C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, health check and two satisfactory references.
We are a school with
• A very good reputation within the local community
• A welcoming atmosphere
• Capable, enthusiastic and well-mannered children
• Dedicated and talented staff
• A commitment to professional development
• SLT and Governors with a clear vision of long term aims and strategic planning
• A positive ethos where 'Every Child Shines'
If you wish to work in a happy, caring community and join our thriving school come and visit us.
We welcome and encourage you to visit our school and view our website. To arrange a visit,
or request an information pack please contact Tina Hewer, School Business Manager, email
All Saints' C of E (VC) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare
of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd October at noon
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 7th November 2019