Download printable version
Pay: Main/Upper Pay Range plus TLR2C (£2,721 per annum)
The start for this post is January 2019
The role will involve:
● Responsibility for the quality of teaching within Food Technology
● Responsibility for the quality of assessment information in Food Technology
● Oversight and review of SOW
● Monitoring of assessment data in Go4S and implementation of timely interventions
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● A degree in the specialist subject
● The ability to teach "outstanding" lessons in Food Technology
● Experience of supporting staff and students in maintaining high standards
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
● An exciting opportunity to lead a popular subject in a successful, oversubscribed school;
● Excellent, modern facilities in the Food department;
● A competitive Salary;
● Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
● A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
● Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 13th October 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School