Download printable version
The Colne Community School and College are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant.
Hours: 29 hours 35 Minutes per week
Pay: LGS Band 2 to midpoint (actual starting salary: £12,270 p.a.)
Working Weeks: 38 weeks (38 weeks plus 1 Training days)
Our Learning Support Department is integral to the ongoing success of the school and our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are a vital part of the team. The role will involve:
· Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
· Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
· Supporting students on EHCP
· Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
· Working with students to foster their development as independent learners.
We're looking for you if you have:
· A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
This role will be reviewed annually.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: 1st October 2019 (midnight)
Information about the School
We are a unique school and college where young people make real achievements. Our school understands and embraces the challenge of change, diversity and innovation and we are committed to developing teaching strategies which enable every student to be a successful learner. Our school is a learning environment that reflects the value we place on young people and their success to ensure that they grow into full participating citizens and have a real sense of their own worth.
The Colne Community School and College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.