Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant with Class Cover (KS2)
Required: Autumn term 2019 (or as early as possible from September 2019)
Band 2 point 3 - 6 (under evaluation from the Autumn term due to the introduction of new pay scales in April 2020) plus enhancement for Class Cover duties.
Monday - Friday 8.45am - 3.15pm term time only plus inset days. 26 hours 15 minutes per week.
The HERA Primary Academy Trust is seeking to recruit a Class Cover Learning Support Assistant to work in Years 5 & 6 at Lawford Mead Primary & Nursery School, to start in September or as soon as possible after the summer break. The person appointed to this post will support children and teachers in Upper Key Stage 2 and cover classes on regular occasions.
We are looking for someone with:
- a passion for children's learning and wellbeing
- preferable experience as an teaching assistant within Key Stage 2
- preferable experience covering classes
- solid subject knowledge across the curriculum
- the confidence and flexibility to adapt at short notice
- the skills required to work effectively in a team
We can offer:
- wonderful children who love learning and value their relationships with staff
- a passionate, motivated team of colleagues who work well in a team
- a range of CPD and wellbeing opportunities for all staff
- a staffing structure that provides good communication and excellent support for all colleagues
- a creative and broad curriculum that provides rich and memorable experiences for all
- a new build with high spec technology
Visits to the school are an essential part of the recruitment process are highly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please telephone Mrs Amanda Burrells on 01245 354134 to arrange a visit.
If you feel you have the qualities to work in this busy environment please apply online at www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered. CV's are not accepted.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
HERA Primary Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
Information about the School
Lawford Mead Primary & Nursery School is a founding member of HERA Primary Academy Trust a company registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 10571943