Download printable version
Required for immediate start or as soon as possible
Post: Learning Support Assistant (KS1 and/or KS2)
Location - Camulos Academy, Colchester
Employer - REAch2 Academy Trust
30 Hours - Initially fixed term 1 year
Bringing Learning to Life
We are looking for a highly skilled Learning Support Assistant (LSA) for a position within our early Years setting to support pupils with additional needs.
Some experience in supporting pupils on the autistic spectrum disorder will be an advantage.
Camulos Academy opened in September 2016 in Colchester, Essex, as a new provision and we now have 12 classes. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to provide support for some particular individual pupils but to also play an integral role within the Early Years setting and also in the development of our ever-growing school.
We will offer you:
- a stunning school environment which demonstrates 'Bringing Learning to Life'
- a friendly and supportive staff team who demonstrate very positive relationships with pupils and their families
- AMAZING children just waiting to meet you.
Founded in 2012, REAch2 Academy Trust is the largest primary-only academy trust in the country. It is a growing charitable organisation currently supporting 60 primary academies across England, including 2 in Colchester. REAch2 is a family, connected by a common desire to learn from each other, share experiences and be mutually supportive across the entire academy community. We work as a team to deliver exceptional learning opportunities for all pupils in REAch2.
The successful applicant must:
· Enjoy working with challenge
· Be caring and flexible
· Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to fit it with our hard working team
· Have a good standard in literacy and numeracy skills - (at least GCSE Grade C or above)
· Have effective positive behaviour management strategies
· Have a strong desire to develop and learn for themselves
· Have previous experience of working in a school
Visits to the school are highly encouraged and should be made by contacting the school office. This is also beneficial to ensure that we are the right school for you!
Closing Date: Friday 27th September 2019 - 12pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 1st October 2019
Camulos Academy reserves the right to offer a post prior to closing for an exceptional candidate.
Please complete the application form online, or return your completed application forms to:
Tracy Allen, Office Manager
Colchester C04 6AL
Telephone: 01206 588588
Camulos Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.